Please continue reading below for information on how we use and disclose information that relates to a unique individual or household (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information Collection
In order for you to place orders, make purchases, complete transactions, interact with Auteur Wines or have access to certain features of the Site, we may require you to register or provide certain Personal Information. Our Site has collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
• Identifiers. Identifiers include your name, address, phone number, IP address, or other similar identifiers. We may supplement the information you provide to us with data we obtain or receive from third parties, such as our affiliates, marketing firms, data vendors or address verification services. For example, if you change your address and fail to advise us, we may verify your address through a third party address verification company. We may combine information we collect online with information we collect offline.
Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
• Individualized information. Your name, contact information, email address, age, or date of birth, payment information, shipment address, employment (if applicable), and other information, including a username and password.
• Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Your age, national origin, marital status, gender, or veteran or military status.
• Commercial information. The products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
• Internet or other similar network activity. Our website collects certain information as part of the technology we use to run our website. This technical information may also include Personal Information about you. This information will be handled just like all other Personal Information we collect.
• Geolocation data. For example, the location of your device or computer.
• Professional or employment-related information. For example, if you provide any company information on the “Contact Us” page.
• Inferences drawn from other Personal Information. For example, information about your purchase preferences.
Our Site obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products you purchase.
• Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Site.
We may also collect information from you via Third Party affiliates and business partners. This includes information you provide when purchasing our products through a third party site.
We may collect information from you by using cookies. A “cookie” is a small text file stored on your computer containing information about you. Cookies help us analyze web traffic, provide user data for a particular webpage, and allow web applications to be adapted for you as an individual. This helps us tailor our operations to your specific needs and preferences by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting our cookies, please follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. If you do disable cookies, however, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our online features or access certain sections of the Site.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, Auteur Wines’ Site is not compatible with DNT.
No Data Collected from Children
The Site is not directed at children and should not be accessed by persons who do not verify that they are of legal drinking age. As a result, we will not knowingly collect information from minors in the U.S. with or without consent from their parents or guardians. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a user is under the age of 21, we will take steps to remove that user’s information from our databases.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
Auteur Wines may use Personal Information in order to facilitate your use of the Site, including receiving, processing, fulfilling, and delivering purchases, as well as responding to contact submissions. We may also use Personal Information to better understand our customers and to better tailor or enhance our services. For example, we may use Personal Information for data analysis and segmentation or other business purposes. We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliated companies, you or others, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Additionally, we or our affiliates may send communications about events or promotional offers offered by us or our affiliates to an email address or through other contact information provided by you on the Site. If you do not want to receive such communications from us, you may opt-out of such communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell the Personal Information we receive through the Site to any third party; and we only disclose Personal Information as described in this Policy or as required by law. We do share some of the Personal Information collected with our partners (like our service providers) for business purposes.
• Personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor or third party order fulfillment provider;
You may choose to opt out of marketing communications from us. However, Auteur Wines may still disclose your Personal Information to service providers performing services on Auteur Wines’ behalf, or as permitted or required by law and as set forth below. Disclosures that are permitted by law include, but are not limited to, sharing Personal Information with service providers about transactions or experiences or as may be required to provide you with the products you have requested.
You may exercise your right to opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com, or by contacting us at 707-938-9211. Even if you opt out, we may disclose Personal Information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Auteur Wines, Auteur Wines’ employees or customers, or the public. We may also disclose your Personal Information as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password, if applicable to this Site. You shall be responsible for all uses of your user name and password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Auteur Wines of any unauthorized use of your user name or password.
Storage and Processing of Personal Information
By using the Site, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be stored or processed in the United States or any other country in which Auteur Wines (or its affiliates) or their respective service providers maintain facilities. This means that we may transfer information we collect about you including Personal Information to entities across borders to another country or jurisdiction. If you are located within the European Union or other jurisdictions with laws governing data storage or processing that are different from United States laws, please be aware that we may transfer information to a country that does not have the same laws.
Correction of Information
You can assist Auteur Wines with maintaining the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your address, telephone number(s), email address(es) or any other information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a written request to: Auteur Wines, 373 First Street West, Sonoma, CA 95476 specifying the information to be updated or corrected.
Links To Other Websites